We finally got the washer downstairs and hooked up. It was not as easy as previously planned. We decided to move the plumbing to the left of where we originally planned. This meant that we needed to finish the studs for the wall that it would be attached to. Before we we finished studding out the wall we needed to shear wall the wall behind. Before we put up the shear wall we needed to insulate. Before we insulated we needed to remove and fill in the window and add the door framing. Before we added the door we needed to remove some supporting posts. Before we removed the supporting posts we needed to shore up the house. What seemed like a simple action to move plumbing 3 feet to the left turned out to be an all weekend event.
Once the wall was in place and the connections in the location we wanted, Mary started plumbing in the sewer while I worked on the supply lines by running copper and tying in with the existing galvanized pipe. Once the rest of the basement is gutted and we know where the plumbing for the kitchen and bathroom remodel will be I will re-pipe the entire house with copper.
At the end of the day we were able to hook up the washer and run a load.
All the photos are here